Why the Soloist Program?
Meyer Music’s exclusive Soloist Program was created to transition the student musician to the next level. By working with area school music educators, Meyer Music wanted to help address the need for better sounding instruments for advancing students.
The Soloist Program is the easiest and most flexible way to transition your musician into a better instrument. Our goal is to get the instrument that best fits the individual student’s needs.
How It Works:
• Most “First Step” or “Beginner” instruments are made to be good quality and durable instruments for beginning music students. This instrument is typically rented the first year, to students who are just starting out in band or orchestra.
• After the first year of band or orchestra, the student begins to play more challenging music that requires flexibility in range and beauty of sound. This is when instructors begin to encourage upgrading to a Soloist instrument to achieve this goal.
• Bring in your student rental from Meyer Music and upgrade to your choice of Soloist instrument.
The Soloist Program at Meyer Music was designed to help parents and students get an “Intermediate” or “Performance” level instrument that will help them meet the demands of challenging music, at a much more pleasing and affordable price.
• All Meyer Music Soloist instruments are available on Rent-To-Own payments, as well as for outright purchase.
• Peace of mind that if the student decides not to continue, you are not locked into a long term purchase obligation.
• The Soloist instruments can be returned at any time, and the payments have simply served as rent on the instrument during the time you have it.
• There are a myriad of choices for customizing an upper level instrument to improve overall sound quality. However, the Soloist Program gives you many of these options included.
Hear the Difference:
Meyer Music has all the Soloist Instruments available at all of our stores for you to experience.
• You can play and hear the difference for yourself by visiting any of our stores. This gives the musician a chance to feel and hear the difference before you make a decision on which instrument is best for them.
• Even the most novice person can generally hear the difference, but it is the player who will notice the most.
How to upgrade to the Soloist:
To upgrade your “First Step Instrument” to a “Soloist Instrument” you simply come into the Meyer Music location closest to you. We will calculate the equity you have from your beginner instrument and apply that to the cost of the Soloist instrument. You simply make the first month payment on the new instrument and take it with you. It is just that simple. To arrange a preview or talk with a consultant on which instrument would best fit your player, call us at any of our locations.
Blue Springs: 816-228-5656 Ask for Tom Meyer or Kari Barchers
Overland Park: 913-491-6636 Ask for Sophie Rojas or Mike Meyer
Kansas City North: 816-746-0500 Ask for Mitzi Phelan or Kyle Jones